Friday, February 22, 2008

White Breasted Nuthatch

I can't believe I have not made a post since the first of the month! Well I don't think I could have a better return to the blog photo than this White Breasted Nuthatch. We have had four at once at our feeders. I can't recall ever having more than two at any one time before this. This guy is a great specimen. Nice markings and loud "Peep". He was also willing to sit still and hang out for quite some time. The weather has been erratic. One morning when I was heading off to work at 5:30AM the temperature was 50 degrees and within 24 hours the mercury had plummeted to 6 above! That's February for ya! Anyway, we've had a pretty good count streak lately. Twenty-two Blue Jays at one time and several Carolina Wrens. Let's hope for another great weekend count. We have 3-4 inches of new snow here in Millport, NY. I will try not to be away as long before the next post.

No comments: